Thursday, May 25, 2023

road trip day three (a week ago)



Slightly frustrating morning getting good material in Orange hampered by my own knowledge that my skills as a cameraperson are lacking, and always having a narrative running in the back of my head about how things can be used, though I am probably going to forget most of that when it comes to looking at the ‘raw footage’. 

I am presently at the Goldfields Beekeeper’s Inn in Vittoria which was the site of a major ‘new city’ of the 1970s as far as I know never even planned, the land merely purchased, then sold off again in the 1980s when it was realised/decided that it wasn’t going to happen. 

 

I had a coffee and some scones. Perry likes scones.

 

This afternoon the plan is to go to Bathurst for a couple of hours then to hot foot it to Albury (a five hour drive) leaving as early as possible so as to not have to drive that long in the dark. However we do have to visit a dog park in Bathurst so who knows how long we’ll be.

 

There is no internet/phone coverage in Vittoria, or is that just a Vodaphone thing. 

 

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...