Monday, May 15, 2023

i should be embarrassed but nah

So the fact is that I have recently - without even actually noticing the moment - achieved half a million silver fish in Neko Atsume. I think I have been 'playing' this 'game' (I don't really think it is a game - it's unbelievably meaningless and has no competitive aspect to it, though I gather there is an option - ffs - to actually buy more stuff with your real money to put into the game). (I am similarly bothered by the fact that it is possible to buy 'time extensions' in Duolingo so you can, effectively, skew your time-sensitive tests and move up the competitive ladder... but... why would you and how do you think it helps you learn anything???). 

Anyway, I've been nervous-habitly filling two virtual cat bowls for seven years now, and it brings the cats to my yard. Kudos to the creators of this game for the sense of peace it brings. 
 

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...