Friday, August 30, 2024

waiting at the airport (2 weeks ago)

 

I guess the airport is supposed to have certain qualities that keep you passive and, also probably, spending. My flight has just been announced as delayed by 1 hour. It doesn't matter to me too much if that's all that happens, as I had 3 hours in Singapore changeover. If it turns out that I miss my flight from Singapore I guess I'll be somewhat cheesed off, but also, I just have tons of work to do on this flight and also some crappy reading material to have crappy reads, so in the scheme of things, it's not like I'm late for a hot date. I have to be in Oulu in about four days. I could basically walk.

I even had enough time to do a stupid online survey about my airport experience. This caught my eye:

But that's all that caught my eye. A lot of it was about my trolley experience. 

Tell you what, dropping Perry off at the Pets Hotel this morning was a heart-rending experience. He was very good with the other dogs waiting in line though. I hope he does not have a ghastly couple of weeks. 

* Update: the flight to Singapore was postponed? Cancelled? Anyway, it's not taking off for six hours. It seems like Qantas were happy to fly me to Singapore with no plan for taking me any further. Very strange. I am on the phone to them now. 

No comments:

the flagstaff hotel, who knew

...a lot of people probably but I didn't. I have started (gulp) watching Division 4. This is an establishing shot from the episode '...