Sunday, March 05, 2023

trip to europe (a month ago)

4/2 Too much has gone on yesterday and today for me to properly put it in to words, as we have gone all over Hamburg - to St Pauli twice and to Ohlsdorf Cemetery and other places besides, I am presently so exhausted I can't really describe what we've done or where we've been, so, I will put it off or rather the events will remain never recounted and then will be lost to history forever, a great shame as it has been a really good time that one day I would like to relive / remember.* I have some pictures though. 



Kunsthalle
Demolished kebab shop
Bunker, recently adorned with greened upper floors. 
Zardoz records
Australian tourist finds finding Australian things in a 'foreign' context unusual. 




Flea market

Sort of extraordinary to see the way that a huge amount of personal photographs (+ photograph albums) become just ephemera at the flea market. Not only do all these people have a story - there's a story about how their images, presumably all one-off images, become just so much ephemera to be looked at and why the hell would anyone buy it?! 
Vegan breakfast (for lunch)

Ohlsdorf Cemetery

Kleinhaussiedlung Langenhorn

* seems likely at this point that my diarising of the days will recede a little, too but who knows. 


No comments:

today's pants

  Yesterday was a no pants day, and since it was also a public holiday, I think we could develop a theory the perp is a worker in the area, ...