Thursday, March 23, 2023

rain

 

So this morning I commented to Laura how annoyed I was (it doesn't take much) that it was going to be 24 degrees again today, mainly because yesterday I had told Perry (because of what the BOM had told me) that there would be no more 24 degree days for many months to come. 

I don't know if it will get to 24 today but it'll be a hat on a hat if it does because this morning as I was waiting for the bus it suddenly got extremely dark and good lord, what a downpour. As always photography does not stand up to competition from 1000 words (which unfortunately however I don't really feel that inclined to write) and of course I could have made the above entirely from AI but there are probably other ways to establish that it rained heavily this morning in Melbourne. It was a real drag. Particularly since the bus dropped me off at a stop half way between Cardigan and Lygon on Grattan, a hop skip and a jump from where I was going, but suddenly Lygon St itself was a rushing torrent, to the extent that I crossed it almost all the way and then turned back right at the gutter because it was so deep and wide it looked - if not dangerous, let's say, like I'd get my feet wet. 

On top of all this - I was going to the dentist. Buh-bow. Or, sad trombone. The news that I have a fractured molar which was going to have to be extracted at some point soon kind of puts the above into perspective. Still processing that. 

No comments:

today's pants