Thursday, April 14, 2022

pintandwefall


I'm listening to the Pintandewefall album I got in the mail the other day, as per earlier post. This is exactly the kind of band I enjoy, in almost all ways (ok, so sometimes the videos go a teensy bit goth, that's all I'm bothered about, but I can change). When I first came across them (and I don't remember how I did, though they did release this album on Svart which is a label I've bought a few things from - except - it releases a lot of dodgy grindcore or whatever it's called, I don't even know what it's called, I'm sure it's totally superior in the genre but it's not a genre I like or understand, it also puts out a lot of terrific punk and prog reissues, I mean, it's a superior label) I somehow had the weird idea that they were a band of men with a somewhat pixieish 'girl' (woman) singer, and there was something about that vibe that bothered me, but all I can say about that strange impression is that I must just not have been paying attention at all, because they are actually a band of all women. I gather they all write songs and all sing (?) and they have absurd stage names (see above) and they all play in other bands as well and solo projects. I wonder if they also have day jobs. I can see this being the beginning of something big. I mean it could be. They just put out another album in February, I've already ordered it, I have a feeling I'm going to collect the set. 

All their albums have the word 'baby' in the title. I love the cover of this one which is called Wow! What Was That, Baby? 

This is the new album:

What can I say, I'm a finnophile. 

Don't worry, I won't play their records when you come over (much).

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...