Saturday, March 12, 2022

early helmi

So just for interest's sake (mine) I went searching for evidence of early Helmi on the Cat People of Melbourne site. Helmi was presumably born in 2017, and by the time this ad was put online she'd weaned her litter and was ready to move on (I'm only guessing that she was a very young mother, and might be confused by her smallness). But even the way she is sitting in this picture is confusing to me, she seems atypically very confident, once again, I'm probably projecting. 

These are two of her kittens, in a series of photos and a video put online a month earlier (February 2018). In the video we are told that 'Mittens' had put her kittens in this basket and then hidden behind the couch - that last part certainly sounds like the Helmi I know.  Also the Helmi I know would, very considerately, put newspaper down first. 

And screenshots from *that* video wherein Helmi (as she was to become) is happily washing herself and not giving much of a shit about her surroundings while in the room with her kittens and...
this little dog, who's playing with one of them. The dog-in-the-room bit blows me away. 
Anyway that's just how it was. By the way, sherlock, the 2018 date on the top image does not indicate that I have no idea of time, but apparently she was adopted somewhere and the person who took her on ultimately had to find another home for her because they were unable to stay in the country - that at least was how I remember the story. Point being she had another home between 2018 and 2019/20. There might be clues the mystery of her strangeness in that episode but I don't really know. She is in any case very highly-strung and I have a strong suspicion that, were I to put her in a room with a small white dog, she would not be like 'whatever, dude'. 

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...