Sunday, December 19, 2021

samuel hatty acting out

This is a picture of a man called Samuel Hatty from West Melbourne who embarked on the HMAS Shropshire on 20 March 1915. His address was given as 2 Eades Place West Melbourne. Whether this is the same Samuel Hatty as discussed below, I don't know but how many Samuel Hattys do you think died in Melbourne in 1925?

Melbourne Age 19 December 1921 p. 8 

Maybe Trimble had some other reason for wanting to get Hatty a hundred years ago today. To be clear I do not think this is a heinous offence. One month in prison for tearing a stupid flag. So many things to fix when I get my time machine. Butterfly effect though. Maybe without Trimble's bold heroics we'd all be walking round speaking anarchy.* 

Sydney Morning Herald 20 December 1921 p. 9

Sadly or otherwise as he seems to have been a bit of an arsehole, Samuel Hatty is no longer with us. I'll tell you what happened to him when the anniversary of his passing comes around in three and a half years, it's not pretty. 

* Yes I know the red flag is communist not anarchist. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...