Saturday, December 25, 2021

'merry christmas'

I still hate xmas, as I have done for many decades now. There is no way to relax. I do enjoy the days coming up to xmas because they mean that soon it will be past, and once it has passed then there is a long, long time before it returns. But fuck xmas, it's a nonsense. 

I also hate Paul Kelly's 'How to Make Gravy'. 

Today, fb screengrabs like this look very utilitarian but a few subtle redesigns down the road they will look very exotic. 

I am surprised when I hear people say Merry Xmas or even mention xmas because I thought there was really too much presumption. On the last ep of Insiders for 2021 Spiersy wished Josh Frydenberg a happy xmas and I thought, well, that's a bit insensitive though Frydenberg either didn't notice or wanted to take it in the spirit it was intended, not that I really know what that was. I recall a friendly argument with a jewish acquaintance a few years ago along the lines that I enjoyed the benefits of a Christian society which I suppose may be true but I still feel alienated by it but I admit the bible is up in everything that goes on around me so maybe I can't feel pure about that. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...