Monday, October 21, 2024

monetising

So I decided I would open an adsense account for this blog and see what happened. A few thoughts were had over this. But the bottom line is I get ads all the time when I read things online (eg newspapers I subscribe to, magazines ditto) and while I don't love it, nor do I despise it. The other things is that while I don't expect to make any big $$ - I'm sure if anything it'll be a pittance - I was intrigued when I saw that, when I was in Finland two months ago, my Finnish readership really picked up. Not people reading about Finnish things but surely people in Finland being recommended things by the algorithm because I was nearby. Well, maybe the algorithm will be inspired by $$ to push my product more widely. In the unlikely event I make any money I will give it to charity (probably international wildlife fund) but writers need to be read and I want eyes on my little pearls of wisdom. You understand that, don't you? 

Now, here's the first of a few pictures from our Sydney/Woy Woy trip on the weekend. 











No comments:

monetising

So I decided I would open an adsense account for this blog and see what happened. A few thoughts were had over this. But the bottom line is ...