Friday, October 04, 2024

humdrum

Today I had errands to run, which would take me to Ashburton via Errol St thence back via Macaulay/Hotham Hill. A sort of slightly whimsical loop but not a ridiculous route. But christ! It's the one billionth bit of public transport madness I have endured on my sixty (almost) years on earth. In this case the particularly stupid bit was getting to Flinders St about one minute after the Upfield train left, and realising that I could in fact meet it at North Melbourne station if I took the Williamstown train which doesn't go round the loop, just goes as the crow flies. But then the Williamstown train naturally enough just decided to stop for an extended period of time between Flinders st and Southern Cross. 

I admit I had never really been aware of those islands before, so that's a plus. Still, it was dumb. Also, it doesn't matter at all in the scheme of things. 

Worst blog post ever. 

No comments:

flook 16 october 1954

  ...and, rather bizarrely, this is the point at which Flook stopped running in US / Canadian newspapers. I wonder if there's any way to...