Sunday, October 01, 2023

the simpsons s16 e11 'on a clear day i can't see my sister'

This episode is primarily about Lisa taking out a restraining order against Bart because he is such an insufferable cunt. However, one strange element of it is the information film segment about restraining orders (sometimes known as lähestymiskieltoja) introduced by Gary Busey (he plays himself) being not quite a sex pest but a stalker. The above reads: 'in the morning, Mary got a restraining order against Joe'. Busey later reveals that he was 'Joe'. Then you get things like this, from late last year:

New York Times 20 August 2022

I mean it would be neat to say either that The Simpsons predicted the future, or ignored the 2005 reality of Busey, but I mean, he was part of it too so I don't know. 
 

No comments:

river valley

This afternoon Perry and I did what we always said we were going to do and looked at the housing estate on the other side of the Maribyrnong...