Saturday, September 09, 2023

sydney trip (three days ago)


The main reason I left Sydney (in '95) is that I saw it changing, and felt it becoming immensely unaffordable, and now, while I still recall some of the key features on a very essential level (ouch, that morning sun) I can barely find my way around - at least not from looking at landmarks.

More insanely I'm wandering around here between Balmain and Pyrmont trying to get my usual public transport app to help me out and it seems to be predicting incredibly long times for short (much of it over water, so not a traffic thing) distances. Sometimes it decided to refine these radically, but in the main I wasn't keeping records of what it was telling me, so I don't really know what was going on. I know I am basically in the right place now and hopefully in two hours will have discharged my duties re: conference paper and I can move on to the next thing.


No comments:

woodlands park yesterday

New build mansion in Providence Road