Thursday, January 12, 2023

'we hope you enjoy looking back and sharing your memories on facebook...'

 I do, thanks facebook. So this is one of my classic 'English, you are a stupid language' posts. Tres clevs:

Obviously this just struck me as odd. I clearly photographed it with my phone from a microfiche scanner screen. No idea what it's from. It possibly relates obliquely to the next thing:
by which I mean, the 'what about you':

So this is an early birthday party of mine, I don't know how old I was but I do know that the women are L-R Pat Knox, Mavis Nichols (ie my grandmother), Judy Hogg and Eleanor Curtain. I am pretty sure it's our house in East Kew which was demolished a scant few years later:


I liked to pretend, when living in Albion, that Leo next door had a romantic interest in Nancy, but actually what he wanted to do was come in the house, pester me for food then hiss at me when I tried to make him leave:
This is funny-ish, I have no recollection what it was from:
I guess interesting:
This was a fine day:
I miss A+. Last I heard they still kind of existed but with a different line up and are recording an album. In fits and starts I assume:

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...