Tuesday, January 03, 2023

monetising


As I have revealed previously I do potter around the back end of this blog a little bit trying to figure out for instance why some posts are exceptionally popular despite having no intrinsic higher quality than others (and continuing to marvel at how many people land here looking for information about the H. R. Pufnstuff theme or Amscol ice cream - in both cases, I can't really give you anything, I'm sorry). I also of course always want to check out where people are coming from, though I'm aware most of them/you aren't people but bots. That's your problem. 

Anyway anytime I'm lurking around at the back, I'm offered the opportunity to 'monetise' my blog, which I take to mean insert advertising into it. To be honest I've never considered this worthwhile really and I'm sure it will get me zero money (if I did make, you know, $2.35 a month, I'd give it to Save the Bilby or something). But it did occur to me that perhaps it would be interesting just to see if it made any difference to where people came from who read the blog, etc. I would consider doing it I guess just for the proverbial shits and giggles provided it was reversible. 

Any readers tried monetising? Any advice? 

2 comments:

Wayne Davidson said...

Small correction, it should be H.R. Pufnstuf.

David said...

noted. but i will forget

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...