Thursday, June 16, 2022

on homicide walls

I have been passively regarding a few episodes of Homicide from early '67 but I don't want to bore you with the details, they're frankly not the most incredibly impressive or scintillating episodes either in terms of storylines or locations (though the episode called 'Keeper of Lions' has a lot of interesting stuff from Royal Park and the Zoo). I am pretty intrigued, as I think I've mentioned earlier, by the interior decoration in Homicide. The image below is from the episode I just mentioned; it's the kitchen of a woman who we only see in one scene (I think the character is Nora Padgett, played by Margaret Cruickshank, the mother of Cruel Sea/Widdershins member James Cruickshank nee James Watson) and know pretty much nothing about. 

The three images below are from an episode of a few weeks before, 'A Long Shadow'. This is the lounge room of a no-hoper mother, I wonder if the photographs on the wall are film stars or just 'ooh, I like the look of him'. 

(Donald Barker as Pat Rainsford)
(June Berry played by Amber Mae Cecil). But what on earth is the picture on the left? A chaise longue or something?! Did June Berry think 'Ooh, I like the look of that.'

I love thinking how these scenes are surely all the same wall with a few different props in front, or possibly shot in a corridor or something... 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...