Monday, January 10, 2022

bread



Somewhere along the way I got to be a brilliant maker of bread. I almost said the best bread maker I know, but I suppose that's still my father, who has versatility although he claims that his best bread making days are behind him (also a work colleague posts pictures of a variety of loaves which look marvellous, but I have never tried any). Anyway, I make a standard loaf, white, wholemeal or rye (I usually make white, for no reason, except that it rises unproblematically and tastes good, so does rye in fact in some respects I prefer rye but sometimes I get a gnarled little rye gnome which tastes great but is also a little humiliating) and I almost never fail. Only ingredients are yeast (activated or whatever the word is in some tepid water with a bit of sugar), flour of course, olive oil, a small amount of unnecessary salt. 

I think my bread is great, which is the most important thing.

It's better than that disc of Homicide I was watching where of the last two episodes, the first was glitchy to the max, and the second just repeated the first 'chapter' of the episode - the pre-credit set up where a roadworker in Templestowe finds a dead body in a car - over, and over and over! Have to go to the next disc. Soon. 

No comments:

what think ye of monk

I have been watching a little bit of Monk lately. The show was on air between 2002-2009 and I never watched it then (as I recall) but I have...