Thursday, July 22, 2021

community


I've wondered this before, and I probably won't do it because names take on a life of their own. but since my move to City Gardens there is more of a case than ever before for me changing the title of this blog. I haven't lived in Lorraine Crescent since 2013, I mean that's close to ten years. We finally did the property settlement a few months ago and the house is now Mia's. I really enjoyed my early years in that house as is probably evident from what I wrote back then (and from the fact that I named the blog after it). I still feel a considerable connection to the area, it's the first place I really felt vested in as an adult. So it's oddly still a bit of a wrench. I don't know if I can have the same kind of feeling for North Melbourne as I did for Jacana/Broadmeadows, I think NM is a bit too big and harsh and complicated. That said I was out with the grabber yesterday and a woman with a fluffy dog in a pram asked me where I got the grabber from, and for a second I felt like well this is kind of a community-styled conversation. 

2 comments:

Person I want to be said...

This kind of conversations may lead to accusations on theft (of garden equipment)

David said...

So true! I hadn't thought of that...

what think ye of monk

I have been watching a little bit of Monk lately. The show was on air between 2002-2009 and I never watched it then (as I recall) but I have...