Monday, April 05, 2021

big list

Ho hum another week another big list of things I have to do, including I think complete some blog posts I have started and left hanging. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Today I am intending on going to Cheaper Buy Miles, to the State Library of Victoria, and to campus, just running errands. The weekend was nastily hot but word on the street - from the newsboys, and the oracles - is that today will be a decently reasonable one. I am going to go to the SLV to get some new images/material to spruce up lectures for the next few weeks. I think I will also dump a bit of old crap I don't need any more in some kind of brotherhood bin, though they always take me by surprise the bins, I can never remember where they are and then suddenly they leap out at me. I know there is one in North Melbourne and one near the market. I am finally going to rid myself of a pair of trousers that I bought at Dimmeys in about 2005, I actually bought two pairs (or as they used to say in the good old days, 'two pair') and oddly they were so cheap and weird that the pockets inside kind of hung there, but there was also a gap that meant you could reach straight inside your trousers while looking like you had your hands in your pockets. Yes, I know, this might well seem like something some people would pay extra for. But there they were, super cheap in Dimmeys. Anyway out they go. I have a perverse sentimentality about some items of clothing, but I have to kind of remind myself, there really are inanimate objects around that don't care what I think and indeed probably want to die with dignity. 

Other things for this week - three journal articles, two of which I am co-author for, one of which I am sole author, need to be completed; two of these are resubmissions so there's a good chance they will be publications, the third is so good it's unlikely to not lead to a publication. It's only April and already I would say I have hit well above my publication requirement for the year, and that's without assuming that my DeGaris book will be out sometime in 2021. 

The above is me trying to motivate myself. Ignore it. I am surprised you even read it, to be honest. 

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...