Tuesday, April 20, 2021

56


Today is my birthday and I am reminded of various things like some Kurt Vonnegut throwaway non-joke about a dying old woman who says 'how did I get so old' and my own grandmother's immortal line re: how she got so old viz 'I just didn't die'. In both instances I am reminded of these things while realising that I am not particularly old really and this is of course brought home by people I know, actual adults, aged 30something complaining/matter-of-factly proclaiming that they are now old. I don't feel particularly old anyway but that also reminds me of another grandmother (I had two) saying she still felt like a teenager, i.e. she felt the same way as she did when she was a teenager. 

That's all I have to say about this really. I am deeply immersed in writing my next book while planning the two subsequent ones, so this is how it goes at the moment. It's all good. 

2 comments:

Person I want to be said...

They say the year is 2021, and that you are fifty six years old.
Blah blah blah.

Happy birthday anyway 🎉

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon everyday.
It's always useful to read content from other authors and practice a little something from other websites.

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...