Friday, December 04, 2020

new musik


The last few weeks I haven't thought about much in the way of new music except I've really been getting into Rickie Lee Jones - again, I suppose, as my father brought the first RLJ album into our home in whatever year that was released - 1978 maybe? I now have the first three RLJ albums and one from last year which are richly enjoyable particularly I think the second one Pirates but they're all great. I think I'm going to get a lot out of these. Oh, and I also bought a bizarre 12" RLJ remix (in fact I think it is literally credited to 'RLJ'), a 10-minute version of a later song which I am not familiar with (because I haven't flipped the record over to play the original yet) which I greatly enjoy. 

But this morning I got an email from bandcamp to tell me there is a new Cool Sounds album coming out in February and I'm excited. I have seen them many times but the last time was probably about 18 months ago and I bought More to Enjoy then and it has been frequently enjoyed around here. I can't be more conversational or interesting about it or them because I am soooo tired. I chaired a two-hour meeting and for some reason decided I had to try and get my 20 000 steps in (even though technically Friday is my day off) and I headed to the shops and I just couldn't make it, well, I did make it but I felt like I had a disease or something, the disease of extreme weariness, and it was a slog to get back and I came back and went to sleep for an hour and 20 minutes and woke up but not really and here we are. Both Helmi and Nancy are sleeping on the bed with me and the baby downstairs is crying relentlessly and it's too sunny still and I cannot wait until tomorrow happens. 

No comments:

woodlands park yesterday

New build mansion in Providence Road