Tuesday, September 15, 2026

perry and i are creatures of leisure - pt 1

Yesterday was a fuck up but it was a funny fuck up with no lasting implications. Perry and I drove to Avondale Heights to walk by the Maribyrnong there. It's very pleasant. 

At one point Perry thought he saw something, I don't know what, and he thought he needed to be on his back legs to see it better, I really don't know what it was and he won't remember. He was looking towards the river. 

This dog behind a fence got involved in the conversation and like the dog at the Merri Boulevard (or whatever it's called) this dog and Perry were very convivial.


Perry and I then walked on a bit further, and just like the Merri Blvd dog, Perry wanted to visit this one again, but when we passed by again they had gone. 

We marvelled a little at this sign because - who would ever think this was a road, through or otherwise? You could put up a sign like this at most places and it would be true, I suspect. 
I guess my thought initially was maybe it's the path of an old road from a stupid subdivision or something... might be, but maps-on-my-phone doesn't think so. 
Grapefruit. 
There really are great looking houses here. I know you will know what I mean when I say 'wog mansions' I don't think it's an offensive term anymore but it's not a pleasant one but it'll have to do. I remember as I child I would pass houses like this - rarely entered one - and think they looked like they'd be really cool in summer. I am not sure why, looking at it now, but I did. 
And how amazeballs are these eagles. I don't think they have any symbolism, but I don't know why I don't think that. 
Another great one.
So the reason I said we are creatures of leisure is that I have been listening a lot to side two of Creatures of Leisure lately, along with Laura Imbruglia's self-titled album. Both incredible records of enormous depth. Anyway, that house above reminds me of the cover of Creatures of Leisure. 
Such a fun, talented, radical band and with so many high quality songwriters the album tracks are as amazing as the singles - anything off this record could have been a single, with the exception I suppose of the hidden track at the end of side 2 which I believe sometimes went under the name of 'Business & Pleasure'. 

There is a US version of this album which fucks around with it - for some reason I have that too, and may play it soon. Of course I'll let you know.

Anyway to get back to our Avondale Heights adventure, things got weird, but it was all fine, but I'll tell you about that later on OK. 

No comments:

perry and i are creatures of leisure - pt 1

Yesterday was a fuck up but it was a funny fuck up with no lasting implications. Perry and I drove to Avondale Heights to walk by the Mariby...