Tuesday, September 15, 2026

creatures of leisure pt 2

Fewer pictures. So we got back to the car and I realised I had lost the car key. It's amazing what tiny little bits of machinery exist between your freedom to do what you intended to do, and your inability to do that, and my whole morning fell away. Luckily I still had my phone so I could figure out the nearest railway station (the tram stop was half an hour away but that would be no good for Perry, in fact he'd probably hate a tram, don't know, we'll never know). The nearest railway station was Tottenham, an hour's walk away in almost a direct line south, except for the bit where we had to get across the river, which was finicky. So we did that. It was really fine, though Perry was thirsty. Had I known we would be walking so far I would have brought his water bottle but that was the whole point, I hadn't known. So we were on the lookout for taps, there weren't many but ultimately we crept into a front yard and he drank from a tap. I hope that person wasn't there and/or didn't mind. 

A few other things:

I've noticed a lot of rubbish strewn around lately, have you? It happened at our place a few weeks ago, someone went into the bin area and emptied bins. Much like what's happened here. Now, there is someone who likes to empty bins for its own sake, in our area, but I can't imagine they've come as far as Maidstone to do it. There's also, I believe ('believe' is too strong a word but it's not unbelievable) people who empty bins looking for cans to recycle for money. Who knows. 

Beautiful front garden:


Fabulous hedge treatment on classic early 50s HCV home:

Nice:
Ultimately yesterday I walked 27 000+ steps. Whatever. 

Oh, and later when I went back to the car via tram-walk, I found the keys in close proximity to it. So, all good ultimately. 



No comments:

moreibyrnong

This afternoon Perry and I walked a different section of the Maribyrnong, near the Anglers, if that's what it's called, on the west ...