Saturday, February 11, 2023

death car (from 11 Feb 2013)

Last Saturday (9th of February, 2013) we went to a picnic for Catherine McCarthy - a birthday/farewell I'm going to Japan kind of picnic - in the Carlton Gardens, and while we were there a dead person was discovered in a little black car very close to where we were. The paramedics came, then the fire brigade, then an ambulance, then the police. We were there for some time and the police also hung around a long time, I don't know why. It was amazing how many gawkers there were - kids in party hats for instance, though they probably can be excused insofar as they were headed for the car parked immediately behind. Also a long haired man in green who just wanted to hang there looking at the action until he was moved on. Clearly the person (apparently, a woman) was totally dead in the back seat of the car - at least, there was no attempt to revive her or even get her out. I don't know what the police were waiting for. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...