Monday, October 10, 2022

prov today

I'm doing a paper primarily on West Parkville (ostensibly on the parts of Parkville that aren't South Parkville). Here are a few glimpses of stuff I've gleaned this afternoon:
I'm sorry but to be honest, I just have no freakin' idea what this (above) means.
This (above) is from a petition given to local government asking that the 'Model Farm' in Parkville not be sold for housing. I just like that phrasing that's all. 
This (above) is from another file where people were trying to stop things changing at Royal Park/West Parkville, in this case the building of a road (which was built: it's called Oak Road). the streets aren't labelled but it might help you to know that where the Swamp is (love that lettering) is now the part of Moonee Ponds Creek where the big red sticks project, and the 'Bridge' is basically where the Tullamarine Freeway exit to Flemington Road is. 
Here it is again. Slightly different alignment for the Oak Road connection where you see how it's happened that you don't even realise you're on a fork in the road when you travel from Manningham into Oak Road. Cannon St is, oddly, now Lennon St, and it basically aligns with the freeway these days. Don't know what happened to that church, also, don't know why I never wondered why Church Street was called that when there's actually no church around.  
This is just a really nice looking little sketch plan of the other sliver of Parkville - in the east. 
Above is just one of those things you come across that doesn't tell you much but raises one question. There was a hospital at Coode Island? No way! 

Always more to discover.

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...