Sunday, March 28, 2021

sunday morning

I am about to go to the gym again (first time in two days - because Friday morning was my day off and Saturday I had too much whisky the night before and I thought I would be dehydrated or whatever). It is a great, excellent, autumn morning in Melbourne and I can very indistinctly hear the traffic or whatever that city ambience is in the distance though surely there's really barely any traffic out there in the world right now. I am drinking coffee from my large marimekko mug which is actually too large eg surface area means the coffee gets cold too quickly, I am sure that's true. 

It's still that transition period between summer-autumn. The night before last there was a mosquito in my room. Yesterday afternoon I let a big fat blowfly out the bathroom window, that mildly satisfying experience where it bangs at the window for a while but you know eventually it's going to go out and, while at this moment the two of you are existing in that space, very shortly you will part forever. Yesterday I gave Nancy some Aldi food, she will sometimes tolerate that stuff but in this instance she wasn't having it, and it stayed there for a few hours (rich dark red mince meat) then later I noticed some yellowy-white notches on it which were, of course, little maggots. So someone had seen their chance late in the warm weather to lay a few cheeky eggs in that processed corpse. But this morning, it's adequately chilly that you couldn't imagine a fly getting around naked to lay eggs or do anything else flies do. 

This morning I woke with Nancy at my feet and Helmi at my head - I can tell this is going to be more of a thing as time goes by - they even, somehow, occasionally contrive to get close through the blankets (i.e. Helmi under the doona, Nancy on top) though they would never admit it. 

OK off to the gym. I have discovered a new function that allows me to walk in a few more nice towns, like one in Germany with delightful old cobblestoned squares. It's worth it. 

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...