Tuesday, March 09, 2021

brush with fame

So continuing my ginger reimmersion in the gym world, cautious because of danger of further back problem, I went to Anytime Fitness again this morning and was mildly active. They have new treadmills (or whatever those things are called) or at least different ones to what you got at Anytime Sunshine in 2019. These ones allow you to choose a walk through a pastoral scene during which slow vehicles pass you going in the opposite direction and people - apparently people from all over the world, christ only knows how this works or what it is meant to mean - are also walking with you, more or less. It is my tendency wherever possible to learn by doing rather than by trying to comprehend a manual or an instruction so I am just letting this wash over me taking baby steps in the first instance, I mean almost literally. Anyway you can choose a walking place, and I chose Ireland, because it was the first on the list. It looked a lot like, I don't know, the road between Coldstream and Healesville. The interesting thing was you walk behind people (some come towards you, there was even one weirdo just standing I guess on an embankment on the side of the road looking at the road and not moving) and when you get close to them...



They become transparent, and you see their arms, which are of course in front of them, through their bodies, then you kind of walk through them I guess. Actually the most disturbing example of this is people (women, presumably) with ponytails, whose ponytails become head holes. 

But this is still pretty creepy. Also, I was in Ireland with a celebrity! Alright, I wasn't in Ireland. And I am almost certain that this is not the celebrity but someone else with her name. Also, I am not even really sure May Pang is a celebrity. Though I did read about her on wikipedia last week. 
So, out of 10 I would say, 7 not a bad gymsperience this morning and I will go again soon. I would also mention that unsurprisingly I suppose the Travancore Anytime Fitness is less intimidating than the Sunshine one, where some man who might have been really into steroids or really into ice or both always seemed to suddenly appear out of nowhere from the back of the room (I would only ever go before 7am, and it often seemed empty when I got there). I walked back through Royal Park it was raining lightly and that was a pleasant experience. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...