Saturday, November 18, 2023

weird limbo


Perry and I are both in a kind of half-existence today, he was at Doggy Day Care four days out of five last week - that's the most ever I am pretty sure - and you know how every idiot who has never worked in academe always thinks that once teaching's over you're on holidays? - well I have been living the proof that that is the falsest of falsehoods. I have also had some kind of illness that doesn't really seem to know what it is, that reminds me I was going to have a covid test today but if this is covid it's the most uncovid covid ever. 

Not much more to report, but I know you like to check in.

Oh I got a few books in the mail - Bill Griffiths' biography of Ernie Bushmiller, and a book by Tim Blanchard called Being Gregory about Gregory's Girl, and a book about Mark Perry called Lost in Room. Oddly enough I ordered this book a long time ago and then when I saw ads for it I went looking for proof of my order to see whether I had actually ordered it or just thought I might, and, well, I couldn't find any evidence so I decided I probably hadn't. Well guess what! I had. Similarly, I got an email notification that I was about to be sent the new Blue Orchids album because apparently I ordered that as well, though in my memory I had thought to myself 'I'd love that but I have to stop buying record after record after record'. Maybe I'm ordering things in my sleep?!

Anyway it's 7pm and I have done virtually nothing today, except endure. I suppose I have sent a few work emails etc. Get off my back!!!

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...