Sunday, September 11, 2022

greetings from albany (last week)

Hi I am in Albany (Sunday 4/9). I am staying at a strange enough motel in a snug beachy holiday suburb slightly east of main Albany. I am about to go to main Albany and have a look around (it's not daylight yet). The hotel had some weird liquid soap which just seems very oily, and I used it last night and I thought I had got it all off but then this morning it revealed it had been on me all along, and was still hard to get rid of. 


How fabulous is the town hall? It looks like some 15th century belgian shizzle. 

Just, you know, all blue books. 
It's one thing to see old signage advertising CDs and DVDs (they'll be back before too long, don't you worry) but this shop still had a lot of that stock up the back. The front was a lot of cheap junk. It was closed, this was Sunday. 
Also closed. 
I couldn't imagine a worse looking remodel on an old cinema although tbh this might not be that much of a remodel, just a building which was originally intended to have placards and postcards on it, etc, and now it  has these horrible logos on it instead. 
So it was a Sunday morning and I was gasping for a coffee of course apart from anything else and I used google maps naturally and found a bunch of cafes. Kate's Place was obviously going to be ideal for my purposes but fucking hell... 
And it looked so much like my kind of thing, what with the bunting and so on. 

However! I went back to the motel in a razz but then had another look at google maps and realised there was a place I hadn't investigated so I drove there and... 
Flippin' perfect! Albany you ultimately got it right so thank you. 

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...