Tuesday, November 09, 2021

why are you like this

 

Helmi is growing as an individual, I mean, spiritually and perhaps even intellectually. She is sufficiently in touch with her emotions at the same time that she will very happily connect to real world 'acting out' options when she feels it expresses her experience. Often, when I sit on the bed, she will sit like this in relation to me: more or less perpendicular, facing out. I have never had a cat (as I recall) so keen to face away from me. I don't understand what she gets from this arrangement.* 

Needless to say she is as different from Nancy as could be imagined, and if I were a fly on the wall it would warm my little fly heart to see how much I** try to convince myself (and them) that they are starting to get along a little better. Every moment when they are not hissing at each other, in fact, is perceived by me as sisterly, and in a good way. Unfortunately their tolerance towards being in (for instance) the same room as each other does not extend to having that pointed out i.e. once they have to acknowledge each other it goes to hell. So every day is a domestic violence stress out really. But I do enjoy having them both around. I also enjoy imagining that, when I get my dog, the troubled twosome will come to appreciate that they have more similarities than differences. Perhaps Disney-style they will plot to rid the household of the dog, and also, Disney-style will eventually come to accept and even adore it. 

This is how I see the world and by the way, I blame Disney.

* Possibly it's not about me and it is more about the pleasures of staring at a blank wall. Nobody knows what goes through a cat's mind, least of all the cat. 
** Not me the fly obviously, me the real me

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...