Friday, October 10, 2008
yeah i did go to adelaide
I have not much more to say on that topic, having for some reason eschewed the conventional route of whingeing en blogue for the unusual outlet of whingeing to Mia about the extraordinarily slow anal retentive form-filling and jobsworthness of the State Library of SA employees (not all of them mind you just most) and the truly A P P A L L I N G photocopiers they have in that joint. Oh, and I also had complaints regarding the Chifley Hotel South Terrace but let it go, let it go. But I did get a lot of good material for my work purposes including extensive reportage of the work achieved by architect Chris Smith on the Moonta Town Hall, and I enjoyed being in Adelaide for a short time, though I definitely prefer regional SA. The next State History conference in SA is on the Yorke Peninsula - I am so there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 groom st is a industrial
When was the last time I told you how much I enjoy this building, in Clifton Hill, on the corner of Alexandra Pde E and Groom St? You possib...
-
Just marvellous to see Joan Letch in an episode of D4 from 23 September 1974 called 'Lonely Hearts', as an actual character with, yo...
1 comment:
Those librarians were just being thurrow.
Post a Comment