Monday, March 19, 2007

then other things happened


Yesterday evening we went to Exile on Smith St because Mia was playing a short support set to Guy Blackman and his amazing dancing bear, and it was a good afternoon generally, not only was the show tremendous (I wish I'd recorded it) but Guy and Brad said there was a new record shop in Johnson St and guess what, there was, and I got the last Dingoes album (which having listened to the first 1/4 I have to say was bad) a Doug Ashdown album (his 3rd, Source, which has a rad cover and sounds generally cool particularly the closing instrumental), The Reels first album (where did my other copy of this get to for christ's sake?) and a 1970 approx. compilation called Unforgettable Hits featuring groups like King Fox, Toby Jugg and Samael Lilith - as if there were really groups like those. Mia was doing songs from her bird album so she had a backing track on CD and played a bit of her new steel guitar over it. The bird album is extremely arty. The image reveals that once again at EOSS I was in the whores' section. The film being played is probably self-evident. It had a lot more nudity than I remembered, and I only saw it (again, again) a couple of years ago.

No comments:

woodlands park yesterday

New build mansion in Providence Road